Friday, August 20, 2010

Rat dissection

well, we had a rat dissection recently n i tell u, humph, was it fun.. ><


preparations before dissection













Do i look like a surgeon or wat?? XD














prepare the rats too of course.. aww.. dun they look like they are sleeping...?













Our teacher first demonstrate on a white rat. first, nail the rat to the dissection plate.













Then, our teacher cut open it's abdomen n we saw the major organs of the rat such as the intestines, liver n bla bla bla.. then she removed the organs one by one n showed us which is which.. my classmates were all so anxious about the parts of the rat although some felt disgusted.. but it was when the teacher cut open the brain tat most of us can't take it..







Anxious faces of my classmates during rat dissection..












Then, it was our turn. Each group choose a rat n repeat the process. My group was lucky because out of the rats the whole class dissect, my rat's heart is the only one still beating.. We cut open the rat, remove the intestines, flip over the kidneys, cut the rib cage n took pictures of them! ha.. :D The photos below are the last pictures of my rat (with labels)~~ Rest in peace ba, rat, n thanks for letting me cut u~~ Amen.


First part of the rat.. Right after we cut open it's abdomen.


















The rat with it's intestines removed..

Rat: "Hey u there, give me back my intestines...!"











The excretory system of my rat..














The respiratory system of my rat..




















No comments: