Thursday, August 22, 2013

There was a period when i really hated the sight of red jelly.
Because it brings back unhappy moments during my primary school time.

I remembered always telling my mum to prepare food whenever there is a party in class.
and being a busy mum, she would always make the same thing: red jelly. (now tat i think mayb coz she dun know how to cook other things.. :P)
i used to be proud.
But everytime after the party, my mum's red jelly would still have leftovers while the other food brought by my friends were all finished. and i get very upset everytime there's leftovers wondering what's wrong with my mum's food. (i think there's some showoff thing among the classmates. u know, children.. XD)
So as time passed, i would just tell her not to bring anything and i grew to hate the red jelly (i'm not sure i remember hating mum or not but i pretty well guessed i did.. XD)
I stopped eating them and somehow mum also stopped making them. (whereby i just found out because she can't precisely control the amount of water needed.. LOL!)

A few days back, thanks to my glutton brother's request, mum made some red jelly.

Today, as i taste my mum's red jelly after missing it for a decade, i remembered the younger arrogant me who stopped eating the red jelly just for a funnily idiotic reason.

and i also made a mental note to remember to cook better food for my children in the future so they could show off to their friends! (yikes, gotta start learning how to cook! )

2 comments:

justin said...

cant imagine u cook.. :D

Miss 81cm said...

wei... dun like this... i can cook wan ok....